Proceed through Kigezi to Queen Elizabeth and Bwindi Impenetrable National parks on this 5-day tour.
DAY 1 – DRIVE THROUGH KIGEZI TO BWINDI
Meet and greet at your residence at 0600hrs. An early morning start from Kampala takes you southwest and across the Equator. You drive through savannah grasslands seeing banana plantations and herds of Ankole cattle with their incredibly long curving horns. You then ascend into the Kigezi highlands, known as the “Switzerland of Africa”, with terraced farming and mountain scenery. Drive through to Bwindi. (Transit time is about 10 hours)
DAY 2 – TOUR BWINDI AND SEE GORILLAS
After an early breakfast and a briefing by a ranger guide, enter the gorilla sanctuary for your adventure. The beauty of this rain forest is spectacular. The area offers a dramatic, steeply forested landscape and is incredibly dense, but criss-crossed by numerous animal trails allowing access to tourists. The time taken and the terrain vary with the movements of these great primates. The thrill of spending time observing these gentle and endangered giants is an awesome, exciting experience to be long savored. Many find it to be a rare and moving opportunity.
DAY 3 – TRANSFER TO QUEEN ELIZAZBETH THROUGH ISHASHA
After breakfast, exit the park and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park via the Ishasha sector for an opportunity to see the amazing tree-climbing lions (5 hours). In the evening you will go on a short game drive to end your day in high spirits.
DAY 4 – EXPLORE QUEEN ELIZABETH
Wake-up and follow your instincts on an adventurous sunrise game-drive. Queen Elizabeth National Park’s diverse Eco-system of grassy plains, tropical forest, rivers, swamps, lakes and volcanic craters is home to an incredible abundance of wildlife. Game drives in this park; with the massive Rwenzoris as a backdrop provide excellent opportunities to see lion, leopard, giant forest hog, Cape buffalo, elephants, de fassa waterbuck, Uganda Kob, Topi and bush buck. Later in the afternoon you will take a boat cruise on the spectacular Kazinga Channel. This offers you an excellent platform for photography and game viewing. The birdlife is colorful and abundant. You will be privileged to see schools of hippos and Nile-crocodiles sunbathing with their jaws open wide. Return to your accommodation facility for overnight.
DAY 5 – TRACK KYAMBURA CHIMPANZEES
After breakfast, follow the path of evolution to the home of Man’s closest relatives, the Chimpanzees, as you track them in Kyambura Gorge. Thereafter return to Kampala. Drop off at your place of residence.
INCLUDED AND NOT
• Ground transportation (4WD vehicle) throughout the trip in a 4WD tour vehicle YES
• Meals as indicated on the aforesaid meal plans YES
• A Gorilla Tracking permit (where applicable) YES
• A Chimpanzee Permit (where applicable) YES
• Bottled drinking water while on safari YES
• Accommodation as per options in the itinerary YES
• Activities as stipulated on the Safari program YES
• Services of an English-speaking driver/guide YES
• Lots of fun in the African sun!!! YES
• Typical souvenir NOT
• Entry permit/visas for Uganda if required NOT
• All drinks apart from those served for breakfast NOT
• Beverages, tips, souvenirs & all items of a personal nature NOT
• Any deviation from the suggested program NOT
• All extras NOT mentioned in the inclusive section NOT
• Any personal insurance covers NOT